The profession of Pharmacy has transformed into a hub for the “global health care” & evolved as a multi disciplinary, multi faceted curriculum. In an increasing competitive market for quality employment the School of Pharmacy offers an unparalleled opportunity to experience a clinically focused, science driven course designed to equip you to be a future leader & health care professional.
School of Pharmacy
About The Department
School of Pharmacy is a place where an unwavering commitment to excellence in research, instruction and service proliferate. We are devoted to newer ways of modern day teaching practices, innovative and need-based research and service to our community and profession through our holistically developed students. We offer an environment of interesting learning by self interest, essential training component in cutting edge laboratory instrumentation and technologies, individualized mentoring by professionally acclaimed mentors, devoted and experienced faculty, and the next generation pharmacy professionals i.e. students. School of Pharmacy is an academically charged progressive environment, having every element desired for the academic and professional excellence.
To provide safe, high quality patient care in an atmosphere of professionalism, respect, and effective communication.
The Department of Pharmacy is committed to
Patient Care: Being an integral member of the healthcare team responsible for the outcomes associated with the medication use process.
· Recognizing that the pharmacy staff is our most important resource.
· Contributing to and accepting responsibility for optimal therapeutic outcomes including promoting wellness.
· Fostering an environment that promotes the safe, efficacious, and cost-effective use of medications.
· Improving the medication use process to enhance continuity of care.
· Recruiting and retaining highly qualified pharmacists and supportive personnel.
Education: Fostering an environment designed to advance knowledge of the rational use of medications.
· Mentoring and training staff members to enhance their professional development.
· Educating patients and healthcare professionals on the safe use of medications.
· Providing health education programs to the community to prevent disease and promote public health.
· Ensuring high quality care through the education of students, residents, fellows, and staff.
Research: Making sound decisions supported by evidence based medicine through research on medication use and patient safety.
· Developing and conducting research to improve the safety and efficiency of the medication use system.
· Utilizing research methods to identify the most cost effective use of medications.
· Initiating and supporting interdisciplinary collaborative research.
Over the years, pharmaceutical scientists have been instrumental in discovering and developing innovative drugs that save thousands of people’s lives and improve the quality of life for many others. Pharmaceutical scientists can pursue a variety of jobs. They are employed by pharmaceutical companies (production and manufacturing, R&D, Quality Control and Quality Assurance, formulation development, pharmaceutical packaging technology), they work as pharmacists, doctor and as researchers and professors at universities, as regulatory scientists for agencies like the food and drug administration (FDA), and as researchers at various research organizations such as the NIH, CSIR, ICMR etc
We believe in the strength of our faculty and students. They have infinite, unbounded potential and jointly can achieve whatever we desire.
· Approved by Pharmacy Council of India (PCI)
· High-tech, well equipped labs: serve as a strong framework for our graduates to help them develop capabilities to become world class pharmacists,
· The faculty has multi-faceted expertise with competencies in a variety of domains including clinical & scientific domains.